Tuesday, June 23, 2015

2015 Garden...


 In the back yard this year I planted Sun flowers and morning glories...
we also feed the birds sunflower seeds...
this sunflower and the one below are from where the bird-feeder is, this sunflower is 7 FEET tall!  Just beautiful.

Next year I'm just going to plant the bird seed...


This one is about 4' with multiple blooms...


the lace hydrangea in the back.


the 4 o'clock from Oklahoma


here are my sunflowers...I bought special seeds this year to be able to grow GIANT 12" Sunflowers, But, as you can see, even though they are pretty they weren't GIANT.


Two yellow roses and some marigolds, these are 36" tall.


our red onions... Hello Lilly, there is Sue over on the patio (to the right) and MoMo was here visiting too (on the left)


The south bed in the front, Daylillies and Lantana are blooming...



Looking North...


On the end bed I started some Lavender...


and we have okra...


Some of the Perennial seeds I started in the clay pots and then have finished transplanting all of them.

 
Some more sunflowers which I started in the back and thinned out and moved some to this front yard bed.


three different varieties of cherry tomatoes, we went out and tried to corral them a little, they have just gone crazy this year, and more marigolds, these are about 24" tall. (the marigolds were all started from 10 cent seed packets from WalMart)





there's yellow summer squash in the middle beds...





this hydrangea makes the BIG ball blossoms...


Looking South...

***Just a note...we started redoing the front of the house Spring of 2004.
I can now say that it's finally done.  Even though it requires constant weeding, this is what I had envisioned all those years ago.  With just a few tweaks here and there.  I think it turned out even better.


This is my big cauldron I brought home from Momma's our last trip, It will always remind me of someone special.


Kenneth and I were both watching the plum tree this year we had 4 perfect plums, what we didn't realize was the birds were watching them also.  We only ended up with one.


I redid our headboard with a quick fix by just covering it up with a quilted bedspread we weren't using.  Now I need to make a new top top for the spread on the bed...  I think I'll just do a quick simple cover with an extra sheet or something to make it one color.

No comments: